Artist: Dick Bruna French
Title: Nouveau Salon des cent, Hommage a Toulouse-Lautrec.
Plate: HL. 11
from "Nouveau Salon des Cent" portfolio. Limited printing of only 380.
Printed in Paris, 2001.
unbacked, shipped rolled via Fedex.
Certificate of Authenticity.
Sheet Size: 29 in x 38 1/2 in 68 x 98cm
Price: Temporarily out of stockI can usually source this poster. If you are interested please contact me. Greg
The "Nouveau Salon des Cent" portfolio consists of a hundred posters created by one hundred of the best graphic designers of our time, from 24 different countries including China, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, Zimbabwe, the United-States and most of the European countries, as a tribute to Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, for the Centenary of his death, 1901-2001. Initiated by the Toulouse-Lautrec Museum Partners' Club. In cooperation with the Toulouse-Lautrec Museum of Albi. The printing was limited to only 380. The posters have been exhibited in major museums and galleries around the world.
The Designer - Dick Bruna
Born in Utrecht in 1927, he is one of the most famous illustrators in the Netherlands. Bruna earned much of his international acclaim with his creation 'Miffy', the stylised rabbit who has charmed generations of toddlers with her everyday adventures.
Dick Bruna's picture books have been translated into more than 40 languages. His first book The Apple appeared in 1953 and his one hundredth Miffy, the Ghost was published this year.
But Dick Bruna's work extends beyond children's books. He began his career in the graphics industry as a designer of book covers for the family publishing business A.W. Bruna & Zoon. His designs for the Zwarte Beertjes series, Havank, Maigret and The Saint are wellknown. The posters he designed for the Zwarte Beertjes paperbacks also enjoy considerable renown.
Dick Bruna has also used his work to serve humanitarian organisations such as UNICEF, Terre des Hommes and the Red Cross. The claim that Bruna's work qualifies as 'art' is justified by the permanent exhibition dedicated to him, which opened at the Centraal Museum in Utrecht in 2000.